Saturday, March 13, 2010

All roads lead to Rome - Part 1

Friday 12th March 2010:
Got the 1am bus this morning from Birmingham to Stansted airport. Was suppose to be on the 2am but talked the driver of the 1am bus to let me on that one instead.
Anyway it didn't really matter either way as I still ended up with an over 4hr wait at the airport. About 2hrs before I was able to even check-in.
Eventually checked-in, and made my way through security. Once through I grabbed some breakfast (bacon and sausage baguette), before sitting down and just relaxing and semi falling asleep while waiting for the plane.
When boarding time came, I was one of the last on the plane, but then when everyone was on the plane we were told that there was a sudden air-traffic controllers strike in Italy and the plane could be delayed by up to 3 hours at that stage.
I just fell asleep during the ensuring 2 hour wait until the plane eventually was able to take off. This then meant that I landed at Pescara 2hrs later than planned, on a bus to Rome 3 hours later than planned and when I eventually got to Rome it was dark and by the time I got to the hostel it was about 8pm.
I checked-in, then grabbed some pizza for dinner before going back to my room and falling asleep pretty quickly.

Saturday 13th March 2010:
Woke up eventually after a good about 10 hour sleep, to feel a lot more refreshed.
Went out to a local laundromat to get all the washing I needed done done. It's one of those drop-off now and pick-up later joints that charged €7 for the whole process which in all perspectives isn't too bad.
Spent the rest of the day just relaxing updating photos uploads etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home