Monday, February 22, 2010

An afternoon in Paris

Monday 22nd February 2010:
Woke up early (6.30) for a very early start to get to Paris. Caught my bus at 8am and headed on my 4 1/2 hour journey to Paris (with 1 about 10 minute stop after about 2 hours for a rest break).
Arrived into Paris at 12.30pm, then made my way very easily out to the hostel in Montmartre (north of the Paris city centre). Spent the afternoon wandering around and seeing the sights in and around the district/village of Montmartre.
Visited the Sacre Couer Basilica, the St Pierre Church, the Moulin Rouge district and theatre (again I find myself in near a red light district and was propositioned to go into a few of the venues for a free 5 minutes just to look around - didn't because I didn't want to - however the ladies pretended they didn't understand what I was saying, although I'm pretty sure that they did.
Met an older French guy (I think his name was Aundre?) at near the Sacre Coeur who started chatting with me about Montmartre and Rugby and then took me back into the St Pierre church, where I'd already been and showed him the photos'. But he insisted I take a few more photo's of specific items.
We parted ways, I went to take some photo's of Paris in the twilight before heading down to the Moulin Rouge to get a photo in the night time, followed by heading back to the hostel to have dinner.

Thus endth my 1st proper day in Paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home