Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Italy - Milan and Bergamo

Sunday 31st January 2010:
Left the house to catch a train to Liverpool and then a bus to the Liverpool airport. Nothing exciting happened and I was at hte airport with plenty of time to spare.
From there the flight to Bergamo was pretty standard with nothing happening on the flight. However when I got to Bergamo I missed the first airport bus by a couple of minutes because I had to get a ticket of the bus, so I then had to wait almost an hour for the next bus. Then went past my stop in the city, so when I got back to the correct stop, the other bus up to the hostel had gone, and so I had to wait almost another hour for the next and last bus to come and take me to the hostel.

Booked into the hostel and got some sleep.

Monday 1st February 2010:
Woke up eventually to explore the city of Bergamo. Had breakfast and then headed out for the bus to take me to the Citta Alta (old City). Spent most of the day wandering around the old and new cities and seeing the sights before heading back to the hostel for some cheap dinner and to unload photos onto the net book.
Eventually went to bed around midnight.

Tuesday 2nd February 2010:
Got up a bit later than I planned to. about 8.20 instead of 8am. As a result I ended up getting to Milan just before 11am. This still allowed me to see a number of different sights including the Duomo, St. Maria Church, where the Leonardo Di Vinci 'Last Supper' painting was done, unfortunately it was under restoration and out of view of the public when I went there.
I did try and get into the Museum of Science Leonardo Di Vinci, however due to restoration work this is also closed on a Tuesday as of the 2nd Feb. Just my luck.
I wandered around the city a bit more, before catching about 3 different metro trains to the Central Station to catch a train back to Bergamo. Back in Bergamo I grabbed some pizza for dinner then followed by more unload of photos and the writing of this.

Wednesday 3rd February 2010:
Got up early to catch a couple of buses to the airport, unfortunately due to my luck I caught 2 wrong buses and what should have been a 40 odd min ride at the most turned into about 1.5hr's slog.
Eventually got to the airport with plenty of time to spare thought and had an uneventful flight back to Liverpool, where I caught a bus to the train station and the train back to Birmingham.
Since being back nothing exciting has happened and I've had a show, unpacked, done some clothes washing and now eating dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home