Saturday, February 20, 2010

Off to enjoy some Belgium Waffles

Saturday 20th February 2010:
Up in the morning around 10 am, to cheak out of the hostel. Went to visit the Van Gogh museum before heading back to the hostel to grab my bags and head to the bus station to catch a euroline bus to Brussels.

Unfortunately the buses aren't that regular and so had to wait at the eurobus office until 2.45 before being able to get on a bus to Brussels.
The trip was fairly uneventful and not much to be seen from the highway the bus takes. Arrived into Brussels at the north train station, then headed on foot following the directions given to the hostel.
Checked into the hostel, made my bed, then grab some pizza for dinner before heading back to the hostel to relax, write this blog, upload photo's and get some sleep for an early and long day on Sunday in Brussels to see the sights, and buy my bus ticket to Paris for Monday.

Sunday 21st February 2010:
Woke up early thinking that I'd need most of the day to see the Belgium and European capital Brussels. How wrong was I, by 3pm I was back at the hostel taking a break. However I did get to see nearly all the major sights in and around Brussels (except for their Arc De Triomphe - couldn't be bother to walk all the way down to see it.

Instead I spent the day wandering mostly by foot, but I did catch the underground train out to the Atomium - 1950's architectural masterpiece. I grabbed myself a Belgium waffle for lunch as well as my obligatory keyring in the image of the Manneken Pis.

Starting to wish I'd only decided to stay one night in Brussels and headed out to Paris tonight instead of tomorrow morning - but oh well, what's done is done. Head off to Paris at 8am Monday morning, to arrive by 12.30pm. Should give me time to check into the Hostel, before going out to see the sights at the Sacre Coure Basilica.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/29/2010 8:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home