Thursday, February 25, 2010

A slow quiet day in Paris

Thursday 25th February 2010:
What can I say, I went for a quiet and short day in Paris today and got it.
In the morning I went out and did some laundry as I was running out of clean clothes, so this took up about 1.5 hours including folding and walking time.
I then ventured out into the city and went to visit the Catacombes. Quiet and interesting and a little eerie place, but overall well worth the entry price and walking distance to see all the bones down there.
I then made my way out to the Cemetiere du Pere Lachaise, where all the famous people are buried. I found and visited the graves of Jim Morrison, Edith Piaf, Oscar Wilde and Choplin as well as seeing all the other graves and monuments to the deaths of those who died in various wars and the Holocaust victims.
The most interesting part was on Oscar Wilde's monument where it states that "He died fortified by the Sacraments of the Church"
After visiting the Cemetery I made my way back to the hostel to relax and rest and try to upload photo's and to pack my bags ready to leave tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home