Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A return of the single walking tour

Tuesday 23rd February 2010:
Woke up this morning at around 8.30am, went inside the hostel (my room is on an attachment on the outside of the main building) to grab some breakfast (croissant, glass of milk and 1 roll (not feeling very hungry).
From there I grab a banana I'd bought the day before and headed out to book my euroline bus back to London (leave late Friday, travel overnight and get into London Saturday morning around 6am I think).
From there I caught the Metro into the Cite station, where Notre Dame is near to.
From the Notre Dame and the archelogical crypt, I wandered around the city down pass the Sorbonne, then the Pantheon. Then over to the Palais du Luxembourg, then down and over to the Observatoire de Paris. From there I wandered through the Cimetiere du Montparnasse over to the Tour Montparnasse (but they wanted 10.5Euro to go up to their observation deck so I passed on that. Onwards from there up to the Eglise des Invalides and took in the tomb of Neopleon and the war/armory museum. Had a look at the 1st and 2nd WW exhibit, and was going to look at the pre-WW exhibit however it was closing time, so from there I wandered up to the Grand Palais and on to take a distant photo of the Arc de Triomphe, before catching the Metro back to the hostel for dinner and a well deserved rest.

End day 2 in Paris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home