Monday, March 08, 2010

Luxor ending

Monday 8th March 2010:
Today was a very lazy day of just sitting by the pool, went for a couple of swims then spent the day just doing nothing.

Tuesday 9th March 2010:
Eventually woke up and headed off to the Karnak Temple. It's pretty darn big and if it hadn't been so hot (probably about 39C) then it would have been more enjoyable. Oh well got some good photo's and then went back to the hotel to chill and relax.

Wednesday 10th March 2010:
Woke up and slowly got going as today was the last day in Egypt and Luxor. Check out was at 12 midday, and after we checked out we went and got a feluca for a couple of hours slow sailing on the Nile.
I went for a swim with one of the local guys who owns the feluca in the Nile which was pretty fun and let me tell you the current in the Nile is strong. I tried to stand still and upright in the Nile and I kept getting my legs pushed out from below me, and I wasn't even able to walk to stay up with the feluca.
Flight back to Gatwick was pretty standard although a little bumpy coming into land.
I got a slightly earlier bus back to Birmingham (12 midnight instead of 1am) for my less than 24 hour stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home