Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A week of new beginings and Germany

Tuesday 25th August:
Work, also went to see Inglorious Basterds at the theatre for my cheap-arse Tuesday movie night. Good movie, typical Tarantino moive and if you don't like his stuff you probably won't like this one. I really enjoyed it. Quite funny, althought the subtitles were a bit annoying occasionally.

Wednesday 26th August:
Work, also showing a variety of people my appartment as apparently there are a few other's around the place that are free and my landlord isn't into, so I'm showing them my room.
Also apparently the guy I thugh was moving into the free room is no longer do so and it's a different (Indian) fella - not overly happy about that and not a big fan off the first visit.

Thursday 27th August:
Work, work and more work. Then Football/soccer at night aswell.

Friday 28th August:
Work, and final day before a long weekend. Nothing else much happened although got a call about just before 5 from my new flatmate asking if I was home (well of cause not I'm at work!). Anyway one my landlord's daughter came around later to give the keys to the new fella - he eventually came (it was the Indian fella - damn it).

Saturday 29th August:
Flew to Dusseldorf in the afternoon, to arrive at about 7.30ish then catch a bus into town. Booked into the hostel (kinda reception closes at 9 and I arrived after that, but they had given me the door code and room number).
Anyway met some Manchester fellas there for a weekend away, and eventually went out for a night on the town with them.
Was a good night wanderering the hotspots of the city and having a few drinks. Saw all the germans, and lots of Hen and Buck's night going on. German women have an odd custom of going out on a hen's night and selling sex toys and shots to help raise money to either spend on the nights drinks, or help out in some way for the wedding.

Sunday 30th August:
Eventually got up at about 11. Had some breakfast and then went out to wander the city and see the sights of Dusseldorf - the city on the Rhine and some other river).
Quite a nice day to start off with but then it started to get overcast and a bit colder.
Made my way back to the hostel for a rest after about 5 odd hours of walking. Went out to for a nice dinner in Altstadt, then back to the hostel again.
Met up with the Manchester fella's again and we headed out eventually for another (albeit much quieter) night on the town. Went up the town's tower for a beer and night time viewing of the city then off to another bar on the banks of the Rhine for another drink.
Eventually made our way back to the hostel for the rest of the night (well for sleep).

Monday 31st August:
Final day in Dusseldorf and I had forgotten to change the time on my phone so I got up an hour later than I was wanting too. As a result I never made it back to the tower to get a skyward view of the city.
Eventually cuaght the bus back to the airport where I had to wait for about 2 hours (buses aren't that regular out there). FLight back to Birmingham was uneventful, but by the time I got home I was extremely tired Said hi eventually to my new flatmate and then did a couple of things, had dinner and then eventually went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home