Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tuesday 7th July - Monday 13th July

Tuesday 7th July:
At work today I have been fiddling around with my new DB that I am developing. The first task was to get what I had done in excel - the initial workings that allowed me to see the correct result in a format and program I know how to use - imported and the excel formulas correctly coded into access.
Had a bit of a weird experience today at work where my vision went a bit cloudy for about 45 minutes or so. It eventually cleared up but had a headache develop around an hour later.
Went to the optometrists to see if they had any clues, and they subsequently booked me in for an check up on Wednesday.

Tonight I have decided to go and see the movie Year One - I love living near the cinema (5 min walk down the street)and even more so cheap arse Tuesday.

Wednesday 8th July:
Well I finally got the Access DB up and running and now fiddling around with the reports section trying to get that to work. So far it's not doing what I want it to do and I have a few minor issues in regards to the incorrect date order etc, but I'm determined to sort those out and try figure out how to get around it. The Internet is getting a good workout by me looking up how to do different things with Access.
Had my appointment with the optometrists tonight and did the usual eye exams as well as getting a digital photo taken of the back of both of my eyes which is kinda weird.
Anyway the most likely reason for my vision issue on Tuesday was suggested to be a migraine/the onset of one anyway - classic symptom apparently.
Anyway got told I needed an upgrade to my lenses which wasn't a massive surprise to me, but will have to wait a month or so until I have a bit more loose cash in the bank. Holiday booking is currently trying up my credit card a bit too much at the moment. But at least this will mean the next little while or the major bits at least are booked and paid for.
Ashes start today!!!

Thursday 9th July:
Work - finally got the date issue sorted out, had to produce a new field in the main query to reference and sort the month properly which then had to be referenced in the report to sort the date order correctly.
Next major issue is organising the report so that you can have it come back with a selection of line items instead of them all.
Continuation of the first Test - I'm watching it via the cricinfo website - meaning I'd doing a bit of reading as well as watching the score increase.
My old neightbour goes out on Thursday's and plays indoor soccer and before I left my last place invited me out to play.
Today was my first week and game, and while it's extremely fast paced, I will be going back again to play - always prefered to play soccer/football than watch it.
Booked myself a weekender in London for the 18th-91th July. Going to see Priscilla - Queen of the Desert with Jason Donovan in.

Friday 10th July:
Not much to say about today really.
Work was work, although my current chanllenge at work with me for and report that I am try to produce and get to work is causing a few headaches. Off to get a VBA/Access book for some light weekend study to get my head back into gear for what I use to study 8 years ago.
On the way home I got to catch a RedBull moto-cross display in the city centre - saw them setting it up in the morning, and I guess was just lucky as they were just about to start it as I got of the bus and was walking past it. Pretty cool I have to tell you, and yes I got some photo's and video of it on my phone which I will upload at some stage.
Anyway the Ashes continue which is nice and hopefully I'll be able to watch a bit of them tomorrow (Saturday) and it doesn't rain all day long.
Dined out tonight, just downstiars at one of the pub's which operate just outside my window and I can look into whenever I look out my window. Wasn't bad, but usual uality and quantity I've come to expect from a Weatherspoons chain pub, over all cheap and decent enought for dinner. That's been pretty much it for the day.
Booked myself another weekend away for the August long weekend. Off to Dussledorf/or near by for a few days. Cheap flight, just have to organise accomodation and how to get from the airport to Dussledoft 89km away when the train only come's once and hour and bus stops just after I am suppose to arrive. Oh well can organise that closer to the time.

Saturday 11th July:
Saturday the bastion of the 9-5'er. Well that's what it still feels like after 4 weeks at work, and yes I have been there a month already - kinda gone quickly in some senses and slow in others.
Not much to say about Saturday other than watched a bit of Cricket and that was pretty much it for the day.

Sunday 12th July:
Again not a lot to tell other than the fact that I did a bit of food shopping mid afternoon after sitting down to watch the first session of the final day of the 1st test. Watched the second session in the afternoon and then went home to listen to it on the net, mightily glad I did, as I would have been hammering the Aussies had I bothered to stay at the pub to watch it - on a side note I want to say Congrats to Mark Webber for his first GP win - not that he'll ever read this, but at lease I got to see some of the race inbetween watch the cricket aswell.

Monday 13th July:
Another fairly unproductive day at work, still trying to figure this stupid annoying DB out that I am doing. To top it all off the day started on a bad not with me remembering at the last minute before the bus arrived that I needed a new bus pass - so off I quickly walked to get a new monthly pass - luckily for me the bus is uaually late to my stop and it kept up the records today.
Beyond that the aircon at work decided to hack it in again, but at least the aircon guys are out now trying to get it to work, but it means another couple of days of 25-30 odd degree heat in the office with very little air movement, and we are not allowed to open the windows very wide in case we damage the blinds (which are obviously more important than workers health and welfare).
Now on a lighter note I read today about how the days of the week were created and the 7 day week aswell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home