Monday, April 13, 2009

Week Ending 13th April

Monday 6th April:
Work

Tuesday 7th April:
Work

Wednesday 8th April:
Work

Thursday 9th April:
Work

Friday 10th April:
Easter Frideay - went to the hostel to download TV programs and upload photos. Including talking to Mum and Dad and Vanessa which was nice.
Followed that by heading home to clean the house before going away for the weekend to Dublin.

Saturday 11th April:
Up at 5am to catch my flight Dublin for the weekend. Flight to Dublin was very uneventful, landed on time and made my way to the hostel where I left my bag for the day.
From there I walked out onto O'Connell Street to catch the Dublin Tour bus where I got to be classes as a student. Jumped on the bus and allowed it to take me around the city. Got off at the 2 Cathedrals and paid and went inside the St Pat's Cathedral as well as walking the St. Pat's gardens.
Followed by a nice sit in the park followed by a stroll along the Liffey back to the Hostel to book in.
Met a Canadian fella got chatting as well as some French guys and an American girl. Went to a local pub to have some Irish Stew and Guinness.
At night went out with a group of Italian, French and Americans to a couple of local clubs and bars in the Temple Bar district. Ended up back at a bar near the hostel where a guy was playing an live acoustic covers set - lotsa fun, but expensive beer.

Sunday 12th April:
Woke up to a bathroom that was semi flooded by someone in the room.
Then after breakfast went for a walk along the Liffey to the Guinness factory.
Near the top of the Guinness storehouse I got to do a pull oyour own pint. Met 3 Malayasia girls who were pulling at the same time as me. While sitting down 4 seat near me become free where the Malayasia girls sat into, we got talking and as it turned out, one of the girls brother works as an Accountant in Adelaide and the 3 of them are studying in Birmingham.
Anyway as they were getting up to leave 1 of them had only had about 2 sips from here Guinness so I took it from here and finished it - so in the end instead of the standard 1 pint I got 2 at the storehouse.
I followed this by walking back throught the side streets to Graffton street and the park's in Dublin.
Eventually went back to the hostel then out for a pizza dinner then followed a walk along the Liffey, by then it was bed time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home