Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Beginning, the Middle and the End

Tuesday 30th June:
As expected the day was a day at work, and my first month end with Lloyds TSB Autolease (from here on known as either autolease or my/the job). Nothing overly exciting but you never know I may just stay here for the next 6 months to finish my legally allowable working time in England rather than heading up to Edinburgh as first planned, but we will wait and see. Also went to see the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen tonight.

Wednesday 1st July:
Work, and the start of the month end and learning what I will have to do in the future for a few months - also ended up chatting to Greg over Skype which was really good, as it's been a while since that has happened.

Thursday 2nd July:
Work, and the first of a couple of meeting that I am going to this week and month end to understand and get an idea of what people do and the job is about a bit more - trust me it's not that interesting and not an avenue that I will be aiming to follow when I leave the contact, but I should at least learn something here. In the evening I had an unexpected late evening Skype call from mum and dad which was nice.

Friday 3rd July:
Started like every other day of mainly just work, and again the second of the two meeting for me for this month end, which luckily I have not had to contribute anthing to.
However that is where normality of the day ended, as when I got home after a long day at work and a long week as such I arrived at my front door to find an Abandonment notice on it and the locks changed. The wholely unfortunately thing about it was that while it said to contact the local key holder, they didn't give any detail as to who this mysterious person was. Further to the matter when I tried to get in contact with the company/agency on the notice there was no one there to answer the call and no out-of-hors phone number provided.
The further frustrating and annoying thing was that I was also unable to get in contact with my new landlord to try and either a. find out what was going on, or b. get it sorted and get into my appartment. Needless to say I was not going to have a great night after that. About 5 mins after I got home to find this unfortunately turn of events, my new housemate also arrived home to find this and understandable was also a little lost about the whole situation.
In the end I gave a couple of friends a call and ended up around at one of their places for the night where they kindly loaned me their couch to sleep on. Having said this we at least got to met the guy who lives directly opposite us who then gave me a lift to Shaun's (friend I use to work with) place - only about a 5 min drive away that took about 10 because we got lost trying to find the place.
Evening spent with Shaun and his girlfried was good as we watched the West Indies v Indian one-dayer.

Saturday 4th July:
Today started terribly, as again I was unable to get hold of either my landlord or the company that arranged for my locks to be changed. As a result I missed my bus going down to Bristol for the day (which I was looking forward to) - as I really needed to get the lock and door sorted. Due to not being able to get in contact with anyone and my battery dying very quickly (5% battery life by the time I left Shaun's) I decided to instead head into the city and visit flight centre to look at trying to find flights for my trip to Morroco that I have been planning for the last 1 1/2 weeks or so.
Anyway after about an hour or so with the nice lovely travel agent at flight centre uk (Bull Ring, Birmingham branch), I left having planned and booked and partially paid for my 5 day trek/tour with onthegotours - Camel-souks-kasbahs (with a 20 pound discount, my flights - flying with Royal Air Maroc and a yearly short-trips travel insurance policy to cover it all and future trips.
Depart:
Saturday 26 September - AT9815 - depart Gatwick 1950, arrive Tangier 2140 - (all airport transfer included)
Return:
Saturday 10 October - AT9814 - depart Tangier 1510, arrive Gatwick 1900
While I was at flight centre my landlord called me to find out what was going on and had happened, of which I thus had to explain what had happened. Initially I was going to have to organise for a locksmiths to come and change the lock, however it was decided that he would make his way over and get it sorted.
So by mid-afternoon and my holiday planning and booking therapy I was eventually able to get back into my apartment. Needless to say my front door lock and now been changed twice in 2 days (so 3 different keys and locks in 2 days have been fitted to my door).
I spent the rest of the day catching up on my emails, and usually web happenings as well as having a shower and cooking my marinated lamb steaks that I was going to have on Friday to much delight, and then in the evening knowing it was a clubbing night for Broad Street, up late writing this and playing a couple of free poker tourny's online before heading to bed later once the clubbing has finished for the night - 2am at the moment.

Sunday 5th July:
Church in the morning, followed by a hair cut which meant me sitting there for about 1.5hrs and in the chair for 1/2 hr.
I followed this by shopping at Next for 3 new shirts, 3 ties and a new pair of pants for work.

Monday 6th July:
Work, and a bit of free poker practice online. Nothing overly exciting happened at work, but I have started to build the main database for the main project I was given at work to accomplish that has to be mostly finished by the end of the month (fairly doable really). Looks like that DB training that I did at Uni may come in handy although it has been 8 years since I last properly touched a DB and did work on it - including writing formulas/code.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home