Monday, June 29, 2009

Busy week and a move

Saturday 20th June:
Nothing overly interesting other than having to figure out where I want to live. Was at the hostel doing the usual upload of picture and download of programs, while searching the flatmate ads online to see whats available.

Sunday 21st June:
Decided to go with the place in the city - if I could get it that was. Obviously having now moved in I did get it.

Monday 22nd June:
Another day at work, and more tireness coming my way, but a bit on the upside I met with my new landlord in the city to hand over a 50 pound deposit on the place to secure it.

Tuesday 23rd June:
Another day at work, and another day about htinking of packing my stuff up.

Wednesday 24th June:
Another day at work, and did actually get of my arse to start packing my stuff up for my move.

Thursday 25th June:
Work, and had another meeting with Jay today when I got home, only because the real estate agent was bring some propectives around to see the place.

Friday 26th June:
Work and it decided to rain a crap load on my way home from Big Johns (fast food join). Finished most of my packing, and then started to clean the house top to bottom, waitng for Jay to come over and help - which she did eventually to help out with the kitchen and living room areas. After a couple of hours of good cleaning, Jay and Jason left me to finish up with the sweeping and mopping of the floors - of which I put off for a bit to go down stair to my ground floor neighbours (this second set were a nice couple I got along well with). Handed over some spare eggs and wrapping paper I wasn't taking with me, and we got chatting for a while. Eventually left to go back up stair and do the sweeping and mopping.

Saturday 27th June:
Final morning in the flat - last little bit of packing and cleaning (the fridge). Jay eventually came over to help me move my stuff into a taxi and over to my new appartment in the city. It was a good move in all with everything more or less running smoothly.
Met my new room mate late in the evening - he's an Indian fella (probably late 30's early 40's) doing an MBA and on top of that is a Hari Krishna - of all things - overall a decent fella though. Best thing of all he doesn't get up during the week until after 8 which means I get to have the shower and do everything else I need to do in the morning and leave before he even gets up in the morning.

Sunday 28th June:
Went to church this morning for a bit, before leaving early as I had a lot of shopping to do - food and a few other things that I needed that didn't coming with the appartment that I thought were coming with it. Oh well these things happen.

Monday 29th June:
Lead up to end of month at work today and tomorrow (Tuesday) - should be interesting being my first one in the job - not really sure of what is expected of my with it all or what I am suppose to do in regards to it all. Guess I'll find out soon enough. As I am writing this it has just stopped pouring down with rain outside - it's been a very warm and humid day today and suppose to be the same for most of the week - unfortuantely the airconditioning system at work is broken and as such it is actually cooler outside than it is inside - luckily we had some windows opened for us today - not that it helped that much as they aren't allow to be opened too far in case the place cools down too much and the heating comes on - oh that and because the blinds might break.
Luckily for me I sit next to a window and could feel the occasional cool breeze coming in though the slit of the opened window.
The guys are suppose to be coming on Wednesday to fix the system - so here hoping that they do just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home