Sunday, September 14, 2008

AA, New York and Ontario

Well I left Vancouver on Wednesday on a flight with AA. I will try the best I can to never again fly AA as they are a shocker to book into at the airport, not only that but the flight from Vancouver to Dallas Fort Worth and New York does not include food - you have to purchase it onboard, or bring it on after buying it at the airport.
The Air Hostess' and Hosts' were ok and realatively welcoming albeit of the older variety.
Also both airplanes had either the overhead TV's or no TV's at all.
DAllas Fort Worth is a massive airport structure with about 5 or 6 terminals all linked by a monorail type system to get you between them all.

New York is quite a sight and much bigger than I expected, although Times Square was smaller. The Hostel I stayed at is a bit out of the action at W101st street, but only about 10-20 mins by train from the action of Times Square etc. The only problem with the hostel is that the matresses are not that soft. You can feel all the springs in it. I tried to soften it up by sleeping on the blanket, and it helped a little but not much. Also I had to slug all of my luggage up the 7 floors to the top one because that's where I was placed.

During the day I was there I walked around the city saw Times Square, M&M's World etc.
At 4pm I went back to claim my backpack and laptop, and this woman was there talking to the staff when she turned around and saw that I was wearing the T-Shirt that Yoshi bought for me in Narita a couple of years ago. She had to make a comment that it had a big dragon on the back of it, I then pointed out that there was also a smaller one on the front and one on my sleeve, at which point she decided to tell me that the dragon is a sign of the devil. Of which I replied telling her where I got it from and mentioned that to me it was just a dragon and meant nothing. Her reply was that it was a sign of the devil in a lot of cultures around the world - all I ended up saying was that it was a picture of a dragon and meant nothing to me other than it was a dragon. After a couple of minutes of this conversation I took my bag and left of which I mentioned to the doorman that it was just a dragon and he and the staff behind the counter were about as perplexed by the conversation as myself.

I then caught the bus up to Tornoto, and ended up chatting the a nice young girl on the way up between sleeping. After which when I got to Toronto, I picked up my car which was suppost to be a subcompact, but ended up being an economical Toyota Yaris. Kinda small and just fits my luggage on the back seat.

On the way up I stopped over in Belleville for the night then continued on up to Ottawa. Then found a nice hostel in Ottawa for a couple of nights.

Went out to a club with some of the people here, and then at about 1.30am I got kicked out of the club because I was apparently stumbling and kicked over a it's wet sign then bend over and picked it up.

Today I went with an English fella whose here and we walked around Ottawa seeing the sights for the day. Now it's raining and raining a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home