Monday, September 08, 2008

Vancouver Back Again

Well I arrived back into Vancouver from Tokyo on Wednesday and eventually crashed around 5pm and woke up around 10 hrs later.

Thursday I picked up the hire car (A Ford Taurus) then went with Paul to White Spot for lunch, after which I started my drive down to Seattle to visit Mel & Jared for a couple of days.
When I got to the US boarder I had to obtain a Visa Waiver, of which the border control agent was so serious in dealing with me it was quite funny.
Once I was through the boarder, I tried to find somewhere to buy a phone/sim card (which is really really hard to do in both the US and Canada) In the end I went to Radioshack as the direct phone company agents/stores do not sell pre-paids.

Eventually got to Mel & Jared's place, after which we went out to dinner at their favourite tequilla place, after which I crashed.

On the FRiday Jared & I went out to the Boeing Factory to take a tour around the place, however due to industrial relations action the tour was cancelled. However as a result we were able to get to see the gallery and a driving tour around the perimiter for free.

After that we went for lunch at the RedNook Brewery, and then took a $1 brewery tour. Really not much of a tour, only basically one room which was a tumbler cup beer, followed by some talking, another taste test, followed by more talking, more taste testing and talking, then another taste test followed a look at the fermtation barrels then the last taste test and that was it.

After which we came back to the apartment and had a BBQ dinner followed by some games of Quoridour and Family Business.

Saturday Mel & Jared took me to see the Microsoft offices where Mel works, followed by a long and traffic orientated drive downtown to see Pike Place Market. Where we ended up having some clam chouder for lunch while watching a juggler.

After which I left at about 7pm to drive back to Vancouver, stopped for some dinner, the felt tired so I stopped into a couple of rest stops to sleep before heading off again in the morning back to Vancouver.

Got back into Vancouver and went to Kyle and Annas place for a visit which was good and got too see a few people I haven't seen since I left. Followed by Paul and I in the afternoon climbing and doing the Grouse Grind which was a chore but well worth it in the end to make it to the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home