Friday, August 22, 2008

To Hong Kong and Tokyo

Was sitting in my bed in HK unable to sleep when I wrote this entry.

Had a good flight from Adelaide to Melbourne and onto HK. Was seated next to a nice young girl on here way to England for a study exchange program for 6 months. We hit it off fairly quickly in regards to being able to talk to each other without any issues, and ended up having a good few conversations with each other all the way to HK between movies and sleep.

Unfortunately she got motion sickness on the way, but luckily for her she ended up with a number of good people around her and nice air-hostesses that were willing to help her out to make sure she was ok, which she was grateful for.

Only ended up watching 1 movie on the flight to HK and 1 TV program as there wasn’t much I wanted to see and it was the old just run and watch it as it happens system not the new on-demand system. So I ended up reading most of the way will a very little and light snooze thrown in.

Arrived into HK on time and eventually caught the airport bus to my hotel. I love HK airport for it’s efficiency and being able to get through Customs in next to no time.

On Tuesday I left the hotel and caught the train out to see the Big Budda. You have to catch a cable car or bus out there once you get the Lantau Island. I caught the Cable car up was a nice and relatively smooth ride with a great view, and the bus back down. The Big Budda was big, and busy and 250 steps up the hill. Apparently it was a special day, which meant that the cost of the cable car was slightly more than normal – but the bus on the way down wasn’t any dearer than normal, so I go figure.

From there I have now arrived into Japan, on a flight which was hit by a reasonable amount of turbulence, but was overall good. Was greeted into Japan with a thunderstorm, which was nice as I love thunderstorms. Had a nice first day here, spending time with my Bro, Sis-in-law and nephew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home