Thursday, October 18, 2007

12th October Europe

Left the hostel to go to the airport once at the airport my flight had been delayed due to fog – typical London weather. Luckily however it was only delayed by about 30 mintues. Once in the air it was quite pleasant with a half full airplane. I had two seats next to me free which was nice – although a guy from across the isle change seats and sat in the empty isle seat on my side.

Once the plane landed in Frankfurt we were away from the actual terminal – which meant walking down the stairs onto the tarmac and catching a commuter bus over to the terminal. Quite an experience to do that in Germany.

Beyond that German immigration was easy to get through but getting a train ticket wasn’t as easy. Once on the train from Frankfurt to Kohl – I realised that my ticket that I was given was going to take me through Belgium (not a country included on my Europass). However the extra cost was on 20E so not too expensive a mistake.

However I am heading into Paris on the eve of the France vs. England semi-final rubgy match – and so accommodation maybe a little difficult to find – but we will wait and see what I can get. If I can only get tonights (Friday’s) accommodation and nothing on Saturday I will catch the try and get an overnight train to Madrid and do Paris on the way back up and to Frankfurt at the end of journey in Europe.

Just an added point, it pays bonuses being over 25 as my Europass is 1st Class – so I get to travel in relative luxury compared to 2nd Class.

And so begins my 13 day adventure in Western Europe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home