Wednesday, October 10, 2007

London

The flight from Vancouver to London was very uneventful – I ended up watching 3 movies as I was unable to sleep (as usual) on the plane.

Once in London I made my way to the Earl’s Court Hostel where I booked in bought a couple of items and then slept until about 4.30 Saturday morning…when I got up and made a list of all the things that I wanted to do and see.

I was lucky to get Friday (although I sleep through most of it) Saturday, Sunday and Monday being clear days…Tuesday rained all day long and relatively hard aswell…Wednesday rained in the morning and then was fine in the afternoon.

I have done all the touristy things like Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, The London Tower, Tower Bridge etc. I have also gone and seen 2 West End shows – We Will Rock You (the tribute to Queen) on Tuesday night, and Spamalot (the Monty Python show) tonight (Wednesday). Both shows were excellent however I wish I’d paid more for my ticket to We Will Rock You as I was stuck in the balcony in the second to last row – not too bad a view but a little out of it.

Tomorrow (Thursday) I will probably jump on a river Themes boat tour and possibly get off at Greenwich the zero time zone of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home