Sunday, June 10, 2007

Montreal

Well I arrived into Montreal after a pretty none eventful flight from Vancouver at 10pm. Travelled via bus to the central station then got a shuttle which dropped me off right out the front door of the hostel which I am staying at last night(Thursday night), and tonight (Friday night) only to find that I was only booked in for one night. The guy on reception was good and has found a bed for me tonight though. I can't say that it is overly hot here at the moment - it is definately warm and very humid which is a bit of a pain really (only got about 4hrs sleep on Thursday night).

Had a nice trip up to Mount Royal in the morning then just walked around for a while before making my way over to the island where the GP is on. Unfortunately it is completely sold out so I will miss seeing it. Although I will get to hear the action.

Saturday - I went to Le Ronde (amusement park) today, and spent the day there. It was fun and I will go back again probably on Monday. Again (as seems to becoming a habit of mine) I lost my hat - this time I was coming down on of the rides (the log ride/Pitoune) and my hat flew off in the wind - was quite funny seeing the photo as in it you can see the moment that my hat flew off my head). Luckily though about 7 hours later when I went back at closing time it had been recovered and so I was a happy man being reunited with my hat (sorry I have become kinda attached to it lately).

To night is my last night with the Alternative Backpackers Hostel before moving to the othe place that I had booked - quite fortunate really to still be here as Saturday everywhere (including here) was completely booked out, but as things go people haven't rocked up or have cancelled and so now I have a bed for the night.

Tomorrow is another day and I have yet to figure out what to do for it, but I am sure it will probably end up on here for you all to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home