Sunday, April 29, 2007

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

I finally found a place to watch the world cup (had I known about it before this week, I would have been there regularly while the WC was on.

Anyway I was up at 6 am this morning about to get out of bed to go down to the Indian place to watch it, when I noticed that it was being delayed by rain, so I stayed in bed for another hour before finally getting up and getting ready to go down to the place. Got down there and had to wait another 1.5 hours until it finally started. Man I have never seen Gilly in such good form to produce such a brilliant innings. And I have never been so happy to be watching the Cricket, having gone all winter without seeing on game, and only being able to read it via the cricinfo website. But I digress, it was a great atmosphere, as there were a few Aussies, a lot of Sri Lankans and some Indians/Pakistanis. Had a few beers and some good lunch provided by the proprietor's of the restaurant. - Will have to go back there to enjoy some of their other food sometime.

But in the end AUSTRALIA won ... a deserved winner of a weird tornie ... but I must say that the two best sides from the whole WC did make it to the finals, and there was at least pasts of a competition happening during the match.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home