Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lisbon

To Lisbon (Lisboa) I arrive…eventually. As things go the train that I was on we had to stop short to Lisbon because of a problem (probable somewhere along the rain tracks) and go from that onto buses for the last leg of the trip (oh what fun that was).

Even still what’s better is that I got of the said bus at the first train station stop instead of the second so I got my first taste of Lisbon’s metro system – which is pretty quick and efficient although not the most trains come along – but I guess I can’t expect that many trains that often in a city of a little under 600,000 people.

My day consisted of walking up a steep steep hill with my backpack on to a little guesthouse – which tired me out…then walking back down again to wander around the city get some lunch and then about 3 hours later head back to the guesthouse and fall asleep for about 5 hours. At the moment after writing this I will try and figure out what I am going to do tomorrow (although have pretty much decided just to find somewhere to get some breakfast and water and then walk over to the castle to start with. That may take me all day to wander over there wander around the castle and wander back again…but we will wait and see. In any case this post won’t happen until after that has happened anyway – actually it’s most likely only going to get posted once I get to Madrid probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home