Friday, August 29, 2008

Week in Japan so far

Well I have now had a week in Japan, and am sitting at the laptop probably unwisely while writing this during a tunderstorm.

Last Saturday I went out during the day with my Sister, and then went to a festival in the evening with my brother's sister-in-law Mariko. It was spectacular, and throughly enjoyable, even with it raining all night and having to stand up for 3 hours to watch it.

On Sunday we had Yukiko's birthdya party (my Sis-in-Law) at her parents place, this was fun and good to catch up with the Otsuka's again.

Monday I decided to take a 10.5 hr tain trip up to Morioka (7 different trains from Ueno station - 9 from my bro's place). Finally arrived at just after 10pm.

Tuesday I wanderered around Morioka to see the sights that the city had to offer - not much really, and had completed it after about 5 hr's including walking 15km's and stopping for lunch. Nice city though, just lacking on things to do.
As a result of finishing the city so soon, I ended up back at the hotel room and read my book, this also unfortunately mean that I finished my book.

Wednesday I travelled another 11 hrs to get back to Tokyo, unfortunately since I had finished my book all I had to do was listen to music and look out the window and doze occasionally - this made for a very very very long day and trip. I also didn't get back home until about 13 hrs after I left the hotel room because of transfer waiting times etc.

Thursday was Yukiko's birthday and we went to Costco and the outlets stores for some shopping - finally can now say that I have been to and into a Costco store.

Friday (today) I met up with Vanessa again and we went to Shibuya for the day, had lunch and looked around the area.

The last week here has been full of rain and thunder/lightning storms. Last night I was woken up at about 4am but some massive claps of thunder - very cool though, however also means that I will most likely not be able to get to Mt Fuji and climb it this time around because of all that has been happening with the rain etc.

Oh well these things happen and Mt Fuji will just have to wait until the next visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home