Saturday, December 16, 2006

Job Hunting

It wish it was easy to find a decent job over here, but the honest truth is that while I can find some temp jobs easily enough that pay close to minimum wage, to find something I'm qualified to do is a lot harder and it's beginning to get quite depressing. I had two interviews for decent accounting jobs this week, and got rejected by both and both for different reasons. The first was because they were worried I was a little too flighty (ie that I might not stick the whole time out with them, which was rubbish especially is they were willing to give me about 2 weeks off every 3 months to go travelling) the second one rejected me one the pretext that I was over qualified for the position - I mean of cause I'm over qualified, I was a financial analysis (accountant) in Australia, but over here I am unable to do what I'm qualified and experienced for because I have yet to obtain my full CPA designation/qualifications.

As I ended up saying to my agent, I'm probably gonna have this trouble with most jobs they put me forward for because the job's they have I will be over qualified for, and the job's I'm qualified for I m unable to be put forward for because I don't a full designation yet. So at the moment my only sources of income are from the small minimal temp obs that I am currently doing for $12-13/hr which even if I did them for a full month of work only just cover my rent and food expenses and that's about it.

Ohh well, back to the drawing board again I guess (and on to that scarp heap that's effectively call the unemployable becuse of too much experience but not the right details for Canada).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home