Monday, November 13, 2006

Interesting Happenings

Well the Church while I got hooked up with over the net back in Aus before I came over to "Sunny" Canada had it's first ever public meeting last night - I'm not going to comment on it as there are a few people who already have made mention of it in their blogs (here's Kyles).

What I was actually going to comment on today is the traffic and road users over here in Vancouver. Like Australia the cyclists think they own the road and that all other road vehicles should get out of their way, and they are always in the right and never in the wrong (I have no problems with cyclists, just some of the attitudes that you get from them). I am a firm believer that if you are on the road you should be on the lookout for all other road users. So if you are in a car you look out for other cars, trucks and cyclists and the same for each category just mentioned. One difference I have notices though and had it happen a couple of times already is that car's over here will slow down for pedestrians when they are crossing the road. I'm so use to vehicles just speeding up to get in front of you, or having to stand in the middle of the road for an opening bg enough that you can either walk quickly accross in or run over in. Here I was waiting in the middle of the road when a car slowed down andeven pretty much came to a halt so that I could cross in front of him.

Very different for me, and I'm still trying to come to terms with all the differences over here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matty - maybe you should get a bike! Good luck witht he job hunting. Mike

11/15/2006 6:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home