Friday, October 27, 2006

Finally it has come

I know some will probably think from the title that I am talking about the fact that I am about to get on a plane - however you would be wrong on this assumption. I am actually meaning that my final day at work has arrived and is now at an end (bit of a glorious end at that as well). Today was my last day at paid work for what will probably be at least 2-3 weeks at this stage. It was a bit of a good day to be honest with a tinge of sadness in there just for good measure.

Good because I no longer have to put up with some of the people that I have had to work with over the last 18 months. Sad because I have also enjoyed working with some of the other people in the offices I have regular contact with. Not only that for the last 18 months (less a couple of week's for my holidays earlier this year and a week off for being ill) I have been travelling roughly the same route to the same building to do the same job with a few regular people (the other's have come and gone while I've been there). Like I said earlier I have enjoyed working with some of there people (even when the job at times has really sucked big time). But I was farewelled in decent style with some lovely gifts - including a nice chocolate floral display (lotsa chocolate bars and absolutly no flowers - yes I like flower's but chocoates are some much better and I get to take them on the plane flight with me!!!!!)

So now I have finished work, the real job lies ahead. Making sure that I have everything that I need and have to do done before I head over to Canada. Also this leaves me very much reliant on God when I get to Canada for finding me a job at some point in time.

One last thing, I was thinking that while I did have a place to stay at once I got to Canada, I would be without a bed for a period of time until I was able to either buy one, loan one or scab one. Well needless to say God is definately looking after me in that regard, as my new roommate has just informed me that his current roommate (who I am taking over from) is willing to loan me her double bed for the time being (which is a great thing, coz at least I'll have somewhere nice and confortable to sleep on after being awake for over at least 27hrs staight (I do not sleep well if at all on planes). So I will apologise now to anyone who has to come in contact with me on my first night in Vancouver if I am a little on edge and short with you - it will most likely not be intentional, but just a byproduct of overtiredness)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home