Sunday, October 01, 2006

Beautiful Day

It's another nice day outside at the moment. It start off pretty ordinary earlier this morning (when I finally got up) and rained for a short period of time, but it has now cleared up and there is a reasonable amount of blue sky outside.

At this time in 5 weeks I will be on a Cathay Pacific flight on my way to Vancouver to start what I hope will be a year long journey of expanding my experiences even more, welcoming changes to my thought patterns and having an overall different time in a completely different setting. To those of you who wounder and are reading this, this journey has been in the making for about 2 years. Problem to start off with was that I was really unsure where I was going to be headed and a number of places did go through my head until I finally settled on Canada.

Why Canada? I dunno actually, it was just the place which stuck in my head, let allow the fact that I now want to learn how to snowboard, have a white Christmas and a white Birthday and go to a culture completely different to that which is prevalent in Australia. This is possibly the biggest reason I have for leaving the shores of sunny Australia just before the nice hot summer. (Now there is something which I am sure I will miss is the heat - instead I will be getting colder at the wrong time of the year for my body - will wait to see how my body copes with that shock). At least the Aussie weather is giving me a bit of heat before I head off over to the cold, and I get a bit of a summer this year. I still can't believe that I will get two winter's in a row.

I swear that I am doing this the wrong way around!!!

Anyway I'll be going looking at camera's and backpack this week (more likely next weekend). I all ready have an idea of the camera I want, I just want to get prices so that I can compare and get a better package deal that I would have got with out prices and quotes to compare.

Oh well that is all I shall write to day, as I am going to go outside now and enjoy a bit of the sun and warmth before heading out to Church tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home