Saturday, October 07, 2006

Phones & Other Bizarre Happenings

Two interesting things happened today. The first happened while I was out getting prices for my new camera and then on my way to purchasing my new backpage for my trip. As I was walking down Rundle Mall (The main shopping area in the actual city, I came across a couple of guys walking along in costume. One was in a red lycra Devil's suit and the other was in a female police officers getup. Now this is not a regular occurance, however it really didn't take me by surprise that this was happening. Which is a little wierd as a few years ago this would have probably shocked and made me overtly curious about it all. However today I just ask one of them whether it was due to a bet, or just for the fun of it all. Apparently it was just for the fun of it.

Now the second thing the happened to me today is that I found out that in Australia while people complain about the phone coverage and cost of services, at least we are not as bad as the US and Canada (BTW I real have a much of a muchness attitude with the Australia mobile phone coverage). We only have to pay for out-going calls, but as I have only realised (however I didn't already know that it happened), in Canada I am most likely going to have to pay for incoming calls to my phone as well as the out going calls. Now one thing I didn't know about was that in Canada you are charged a monthly fee to have access to the emergency 911 service. To me that is a bit of a rip off to be honest, as I am acustome to not having to pay for such a service as it is provided free of charge to all users and there is not monthly access fee whether you use the service or not.

Hmmm... should be fun finding a phone service I like and am happy with. May not actually happen either and will have to probably settle for something in the end. Oh well these things happen I guess.

Now on a happier and lighter note, I purchased my new digital Camera today and got a decent deal on it as well. Ended up with a Canon IXUS 60 with a 1GB Sandisk Ultra 11 memory card that only cost me $44.00 - $50.00 saving of the original sale price. Damn I'm good!!! :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home