Friday, October 06, 2006

Job Opportunities

Since I am leaving my current job to go to Canada, it left it open for the company to hire someone else to take over my position. However instead of getting someone at the head office in Adelaide they will be hiring 2 people, one for each of the hub-centres for each of the two regions I looked after (I was looking after the WA sites and the QLD sites). - Kinda makes me feel special that they need two people to take over from me!!

Anyway, there is now an opportunity for the other Fin Analyst to take the position up in Gladstone. Now at first I will admit that I got a bit jealous. However as I realised this afternoon on my way home from work, I should not feel this way as the position would not have been made had I not decided that I was going to leave and travel to Canada for a year.

Now while I think this will be a good opportunity for my fellow worked, I have some doubts about her ability to actually do the job. Not that I do not think she would be capable, but I just do not think she is ready for the position and to take on the role in it's format for various reasons which I will not go into.

Lucky for me, as I have stated to her, as I have expressed my feelings that she needs to take it slowly in her decision and think about it carefully as it will be a major change to her lifestyle and will require a large amount of work and stress to go with it. For me I am able to stand on the outside for once as an unbias observer and give my opinion's in regards to what I believe will be beneficial to herself and her future career prospects.

But I guess it bring's up a nice little ponder. How do you handle a situation where you do not believe someone would be able to hand a postion, but you do not want to hurt their feelings nor dent their emotional well being either?......

That I do not know, and as yet I have yet to be able to figure it out either. Maybe one day I'll figure it out, but then again maybe I won't. I guess all I can do is provide an unbiased opinion (if there is ever such a thing) and provide good advice where it is warranted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home