Saturday, November 11, 2006

Vancouver First Week

Well so ends the first week in Vancouver (more or less). It has been an interesting an a bit of an expensive week really, on expensive as I have had to get a few things so that I can live realatively comfortable without scunging too much of my housemate. I also got my new Laptop yesterday, and thankfully Kristen (one of the interns/pastors of OpenHouse) had a car and was willing to drive me down to BestBuy to pick it up, this all in quite a large rain storm, and also meant that I didn't have to catch a bus carrying the laptop back to home. She also drove me down to one of the mall's in Burnaby so that we could have a look at jackets as I needed a rain jacket, and we had a cool conversation in the car there and back.

Meet up a few times with Kyle this week, OpenHouse on Tuesday and then poker on Wednesday (which I was winning the first game which we agreed to let slide as a no money game as we were waiting for someone to turn up and sent the person first out to get beer) and then again last night for a beer with his wife Anna (nice lady) and a movie. Unfortunately I ended up being first out in the money hands, and the person first out before won the game, typical. I have some photo's which I will upload this afternoon so everyone can see.

I ended up walking around Stanley park on Thursday, nice walk and great scenery, but I ended up walking over 10k's around the park and then into the middle of downtown to catch a bus afterwards. Massive hike and my legs were killing me at the end of it, but hopefully it's getting me a bit fitter and losing a bit of the gut at the same time. Anyway I'm gonna go out to Granville island today and have a look around as it's currently a nice day outside, although suppost to rain later, so there'll be more photos late aswell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

testing 1 2 3

11/12/2006 9:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home